Monday, March 26, 2012

North American Women's Letters and Diaries

Abigail Adams
The North American Women's Letters and Diaries collection provides access to over 150,000 pages of material from personal letters and diary collections. Drawn from both the famous and everyday writer the collection spans from the colonial period to 1950. The collection is of use to the historian, sociologist, student of literature, and genealogist. A reader can receive no greater personal insight into the thoughts and lives of another than through reading their correspondence and diaries.

"My pen is always freer than my tongue. I have written many things to you that I suppose I never could have talked." -- Abigail Adams, 1775


The collection can be accessed through the UNT Dallas Virtual Library

No comments: